For those who could not attend the in-person orientation, we missed you. There were some great questions and discussions with the Global Peer Mentors.
While there is no way to replicate that experience, we are providing this version of the NYU Buenos Aires Pre-Departure Orientation Spring 2017 presentation for those who could not attend. Please ensure to read through the presentation in its entirety and complete this mandatory quiz to test your knowledge and make sure you know the essential information! This must be completed by Monday, November 28.
Some key points to remember from the orientation:
- All students must arrive on January 30. On-site orientation is Mandatory!
- Housing is ONLY available during the dates of the program, January 30 – May 20.
- All class attendance and course related field trips are mandatory. Do not book personal travel until you have arrived and confirmed your syllabi.
- Bring all the prescription drugs you will need for your entire stay. Make sure you talk to your doctor about getting a prescription for any medication you take regularly for the full 4 months. Do NOT ship medication overseas.
- All students must take a Spanish language course. If you are unsure about your level, take the CAS Spanish Placement Exam.
And lastly, here are some links recommended from one of your Global Peer Mentors:
If you have any questions or concerns after you have read through the presentation, feel free to email me. To be put in touch with an NYU Buenos Aires alum, email firstname.lastname@example.org.